By Doug Bowman,Ernst Kruijff,Joseph J., Jr. LaViola,Ivan P. Poupyrev
Here’s what 3 pioneers in special effects and human-computer interplay need to say approximately this book:
“What a journey de force—everything one could want—comprehensive, encyclopedic, and authoritative.”
“At final, a ebook in this vital, rising sector. it will likely be an essential reference for the practitioner, researcher, and pupil attracted to 3D person interfaces.”
—Andy van Dam
“Finally, the publication we have to bridge the dream of 3D pix with the user-centered fact of interface layout. A considerate and functional consultant for researchers and product builders. Thorough evaluation, nice examples.”
As 3D expertise turns into to be had for quite a lot of functions, its profitable deployment would require well-designed consumer interfaces (UIs). in particular, software program and builders might want to comprehend the interplay rules and methods ordinary to a 3D atmosphere. This knowing, in fact, builds on usability event with second UIs. however it additionally contains new and designated demanding situations and possibilities. Discussing all proper features of interplay, greater by means of instructive examples and guidance, 3D consumer Interfaces includes a unmarried resource for the newest concept and perform of 3D UIs.
Many humans have already got obvious 3D UIs in computer-aided layout, radiation remedy, surgical simulation, info visualization, and virtual-reality leisure. the subsequent new release of computing device video games, cellular units, and laptop purposes will also function 3D interplay. The authors of this e-book, every one on the leading edge of analysis and improvement within the younger and dynamic box of 3D UIs, convey the best way to produce usable 3D purposes that carry on their huge, immense promise.
- The psychology and human elements of varied 3D interplay tasks
- Different ways for comparing 3D UIs
- Results from empirical reviews of 3D interplay techniques
- Principles for selecting applicable enter and output units for 3D systems
- Details and tips about imposing universal 3D interplay techniques
- Guidelines for choosing the simplest interplay strategies for universal 3D tasks
- Case experiences of 3D UIs in real-world applications
To assist you maintain velocity with this fast-evolving box, the book’s site, www.3dui.org, will provide details and hyperlinks to the newest 3D UI learn and applications.
Read or Download 3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
Digital models of every body exist contained in the enormous machines of the past due glossy age. within the datascape, the mammoth array of databases during which the digital strains of our daily lives are kept and analyzed, we seem as facts profiles. In our on-line world, the global laptop community during which every person can hook up with each one else, we seem as cyber-personas.
Multimodal sign processing is a vital examine and improvement box that strategies indications and combines info from numerous modalities – speech, imaginative and prescient, language, textual content – which considerably improve the knowledge, modelling, and function of human-computer interplay units or structures improving human-human conversation.
From Robocop to the Terminator to Eve eight, no photo larger captures our inner most fears approximately expertise than the cyborg, the individual that is either flesh and steel, mind and electronics. yet thinker and cognitive scientist Andy Clark sees it otherwise. Cyborgs, he writes, aren't whatever to be feared--we already are cyborgs.
The two-volume set CCIS 713 and CCIS 714 comprises the prolonged abstracts of the posters awarded through the nineteenth foreign convention on Human-Computer interplay, HCI overseas 2017, held in Vancouver, BC, Canada, in July 2017. HCII 2017 got a complete of 4340 submissions, of which 1228 papers have been permitted for book after a cautious reviewing technique.
- Spatial Auditory Human-Computer Interfaces (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science)
- Computational Linguistics and Talking Robots: Processing Content in Database Semantics
- Advances in Ergonomics Modeling, Usability & Special Populations: Proceedings of the AHFE 2016 International Conference on Ergonomics Modeling, Usability ... in Intelligent Systems and Computing)
- Advances in Neurotechnology, Electronics and Informatics: Revised Selected Papers from the 2nd International Congress on Neurotechnology, Electronics and ... Rome, Italy (Biosystems & Biorobotics)
Extra info for 3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook
3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook by Doug Bowman,Ernst Kruijff,Joseph J., Jr. LaViola,Ivan P. Poupyrev