By Johnny Molloy
Hikes and walks from the mountains to the Lowcountry
Seasoned climbing writer Johnny Molloy info 50 hikes of assorted lengths and problems all through verdant South Carolina, from the Chattooga River to the various terrain of the Midlands, together with Congaree nationwide Park, the entire strategy to the Lowcountry, land of seashores and forgotten swamps and specific wildernesses. particular emphasis is put on the main scenic locations and special locations that make the Palmetto kingdom detailed. every one hike features a precious info part, path map, trailhead instructions, and beautiful pictures, with fascinating remark concerning the human or typical historical past alongside the way.
Read or Download 50 Hikes in South Carolina (Explorer's 50 Hikes) PDF
Similar hiking & camping books
· Day climbing: Oregon Coast replaces a hundred and twenty Hikes at the Oregon Coast; it comprises 6 new hikes and is in a very made over layout· Now encompasses a speedy consultant to the hikes that lists outings by means of gains akin to walks or hikes to hidden shorelines, alongside bay spits, to lakes, or throughout sand dunes· Sidebars discover the average background, natural world, and geology of the areaUndulating sand dunes, primeval forests, rocky headlands, distant seashores: the wild Oregon coast is irresistible.
Click on right here to obtain unfastened hikes from a hundred vintage Hikes in Southern California* Southern California natue within the full-color guidebook it merits* a hundred of Southern California's most sensible hikes* At-a-glance tables assist you opt for the hike that is correct for youSouthern California is not only seashores and Hollywood.
This ebook describes seventy-five of the simplest trails the Empire nation has to offer—from the 4,000-foot peaks of the Adirondacks and the lore of Rip Van Winkle's Catskills, to the glacier-gouged panorama of the Finger Lakes sector and the Niagara Frontier's ancient Erie Canal.
No different campground guidebook focuses exclusively at the Prairie kingdom. Ohio bargains a shocking array of quiet, out-of-the-way parks replete with lakes, rivers, rugged hills, or even rocky cliffs. tenting Ohio opens the door to those areas. It includes: Ø up to date path info and path descriptionsØ actual instructions to renowned in addition to less-traveled trailsØ trouble scores for every hikeØ old highlightsØ designated path mapsØ Zero-impact tenting, and desert security guidance and methods
- Walking in the Haute Savoie: South: 30 day walks - Annecy, Vallée de l'Arve, Samoëns and the Chaîne des Aravis (International Walking)
- Navigation in the Mountains: The definitive guide for Hill Walkers, Mountaineers & Leaders The official navigation book for all Mountain Training schemes (Mountain Training Handbooks)
- The Adlerweg: The Eagle's Way across the Austrian Tyrol (Cicerone Guides)
- Take a Walk: Seattle, 4th Edition: 120 Walks through Natural Places in Seattle, Everett, Tacoma, and Olympia (Take a Walk Seattle)
Additional info for 50 Hikes in South Carolina (Explorer's 50 Hikes)
50 Hikes in South Carolina (Explorer's 50 Hikes) by Johnny Molloy